The Business Reengineering Principal will work with cross-functional teams to significantly improve business models that leverage intelligent automation. The goal of this role is to improve end-to-end processes that start and end with the customer. In this role you will partner with a business unit to diagnose issues, design solutions, implement recommendations and support measuring the business outcomes. In addition to leading a variety of reengineering activities, you will also act as a change agent to ensure solutions are implemented and projected business results are achieved. This individual must have strong leadership, problem solving and communication competencies.
- Methodology: Successfully lead teams through all phases of a Lean, Six Sigma or Reengineering effort (e.g., discover, diagnose, design, implement, measure & improve) and all aspects of an improvement (e.g., people, process, technology & policy).
- Delivery: Demonstrate the ability to develop, scope and oversee complex engagements that deliver meaningful, realized business value. By leveraging a variety of experiences, successfully apply a broad range of reengineering tools, methodologies and frameworks that deliver results.
- Relations: Demonstrate the ability to influence others using a variety of tactics; develop and maintain trusting relationships to foster alignment, transparency and collaboration. Resolve any resistance to change so that innovative solutions are implemented in a timely manner.
- Expertise: Stay abreast of the latest trends and best practices in operational excellence and intelligent automation. Provide ad-hoc advice and expert consultation.
- Development: Create and model a learning culture and a continuous improvement mindset; create high performing teams; empower colleagues to turn ideas into business results.
Education & Expertise:
- BS/BA is required (science/engineering preferred); A Master’s degree or equivalent experience is required in operations or process reengineering.
- You have 5+ years of experience in operational improvement with a track record of leading cross-business, cross-function initiatives that resulted in significant value-add. Experience in insurance and consulting is a plus.
- You demonstrate a breadth and depth of knowledge in operational improvement frameworks, methodologies and toolkits; experience with Lean, Six Sigma, Hammer Reengineering, Change Management and Organizational Design.
- You have some familiarity with a variety of intelligent automation tools used for improving operations (e.g., RPA, OCR, ML, AI, etc.)
- You have the ability to link strategy to execution and have experience in taking risks and learning from failures.
About the Company
The Plymouth Rock Company and its affiliated group of companies write and manage over $1.6 billion in personal and commercial auto and homeowner’s insurance throughout the Northeast and mid-Atlantic, where we have built an unparalleled reputation for service. We continuously invest in technology, our employees thrive in our empowering environment, and our customers are among the most loyal in the industry. The Plymouth Rock group of companies employs more than 2,000 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation holds an A.M. Best rating of “A-/Excellent”.