The Telematics Program Manager will be responsible for leading enterprise wide product development for the Road Rewards telematics program for the Plymouth Rock Independent Agency group. From decreasing distracted driving to reducing aggressive driving habits, the Road Rewards mobile app offers feedback to customers on their driving behaviors and offers an opportunity to earn rewards. Our plan is to not only create distinctive advantage for this high visibility program but to make our roads safer for all reducing the tremendous human trauma and financial costs caused by unsafe and, in particular, distracted driving.
This positon will be responsible for the customer acquisition into the program, engagement and retention, improving driving habits and working with partners and vendors to enhance customer experience. Critical to this role is passion for designing and reaching consumers through exciting and innovative marketing/promotional campaigns that ultimately entice action (drive enrollments, usage and overall program engagement).
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Leverage a breadth of experience in business strategy, customer insight, market insight, product and/or service design and technology into actionable experience strategy and execution that will delight and serve customers
- Accountable for achieving P&L goals for the Road Rewards program, including subscription and engagement metrics growth, loss reduction and retention improvements
- Partner with executive management and other departments to drive an enterprise wide Road Rewards roadmap
- Responsible for leading the strategy and executing on campaigns that drive acquisition, member engagement and retention for the Road Rewards program. Examples include communication strategy, broad promotional campaigns around rewards, innovative offers, points competition, etc.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs and preferences in relation to the Road Rewards experience, lead the effort to design and implement an improved customer experience
- Responsible for the development and growth of the program’s features and benefits - adding new rewards options, adding functionality to the app
- Work closely with the app vendor and internal teams to develop programs targeting driving improvement through innovative use of telematics technology and app design
- Partner with digital team on digital advertising including display, paid & organic search, paid social, email, etc. with the purpose of driving consumer engagement of new and existing features
- Develop an approach to using Road Rewards as a customer acquisition tool
- Provide on-going reporting and monitoring of the program and its performance against the key KPI’s
- Drive prioritization and resolution of Road Rewards related customer non-technical/technical issues
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in product management, innovation, customer experience or loyalty marketing
- Experience in Personal Auto insurance industry is highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead enterprise wide programs and develop engaging digital products
- Passion for learning from customers and building superior customer experience grounded in design thinking principles
- Demonstrated analytical skills to support decision making and develop business cases
- Ability to work productively with multiple stakeholders from cross functional teams as well as with external partners and vendors
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, rely on data and execute effectively
About the Company
The Plymouth Rock Company and its affiliated group of companies write and manage over $1.6 billion in personal and commercial auto and homeowner’s insurance throughout the Northeast and mid-Atlantic, where we have built an unparalleled reputation for service. We continuously invest in technology, our employees thrive in our empowering environment, and our customers are among the most loyal in the industry. The Plymouth Rock group of companies employs more than 2,000 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation holds an A.M. Best rating of “A-/Excellent”.