The Senior Analyst, Product & Underwriting Strategy will support the development, analysis and execution of strategies to improve product competitiveness, underwriting results and operational efficiencies. A key responsibility of this role is to independently create and develop projects through the analysis of complex business issues and provide recommendations for the implementation of new underwriting strategies, rules, process improvements, and other initiatives. This role serves as a liaison between the Product department and all of the other departments that interface with the group ensuring that projects are defined and implemented as intended.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Be a key member of the Product team that is accountable for the P&L of the Commercial Auto business. Will be responsible for supporting budgeted growth and profitable business results for assigned state(s).
- Serves as a Commercial Auto Product Lead and regulatory expert, providing a thorough understanding of rules and endorsements. Monitors the competitive, legislative, and regulatory environments in assigned state(s) to identify emerging trends and address marketplace gaps.
- May lead various strategic underwriting initiatives involving analysis of Underwriting KPIs, go-to-market strategies, 3rd party vendor relationships, and/or Independent Agency segmentation.
- Under general direction, effectively manage projects of high complexity using available tools and data systems to identify, test & learn and solve strategic business issues within the company data/reports, troubleshoots when there are inconsistencies and present findings.
- Works collaboratively across Underwriting, Claims, Marketing, IT, R&D, Actuarial and all other departments that interface with the group to align execution of strategic imperatives.
- Lead with an entrepreneurial mindset seeking out new innovations and approaches to business issues and develops hypotheses independently.
- Regularly prepare and deliver updates to Management and key stakeholders.
- Serves as a mentor to other team members on aspects of predictive modeling and other quantitative concepts, project work, insurance operations and general business knowledge.
- Understanding of and experience with insurance products and operations, including underwriting/claims, pricing/rating concepts, insurance finance and risk selection methodologies. Commercial Auto experience desired but not required.
- 3 or more years in product management, underwriting, claims, or other analytical role.
- 3 or more years of experience with relational database tools and concepts. Proficiency with data extraction, manipulation, analysis, presentation and programming query tools (MS-SQL preferred).
- Strong strategic thinking skills and structured problem-solving ability developing and implementing new, creative and effective solutions to highly complex business issues.
- Confidence in taking ownership of challenging business issues, experience managing multiple projects and making decisions with limited or incomplete data and seeing issues through to resolution.
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to establish and build productive working relationships internally and externally, lead mentoring relationships (as needed), and negotiate.
- Bachelors or higher level degree preferred.
- CPCU or other professional insurance designation(s) desired but not required.
About the Company
The Plymouth Rock Company and its affiliated group of companies write and manage over $1.6 billion in personal and commercial auto and homeowner’s insurance throughout the Northeast and mid-Atlantic, where we have built an unparalleled reputation for service. We continuously invest in technology, our employees thrive in our empowering environment, and our customers are among the most loyal in the industry. The Plymouth Rock group of companies employs more than 2,000 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation holds an A.M. Best rating of “A-/Excellent”.