We are seeking a Senior IT Auditor to join our team in Boston, MA. This position works with the Audit Director and Audit Manager to help ensure Senior Management and the Audit Committees are provided with reliable information on the state of internal controls and risks across the Enterprise. As a trusted advisor, the Senior IT Auditor builds and cultivates effective business relationships while providing independent value-added audit and advisory services.
- Demonstrates a highly skilled ability to evaluate internal controls, effectively lead audit projects assigned, develop internal audit staff, analyze and solve complex problems, conduct research, and express ideas clearly, concisely and persuasively both verbally and in writing.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of internal audit practices and financial, operational, and IT risks and controls.
- Effectively communicates control weaknesses to Audit Manager and management. Provides practical recommendations for audit findings and effectively supports conclusions during discussions with Audit Director, Audit Manager, as well as auditees.
- Assists the external auditors with the completion of their audit procedures, including audit work and testing.
- Demonstrates and applies a thorough understanding of project management skills ensuring audits meet department minimum requirements. Demonstrates the ability to multi-task, by performing testing on more than one audit project concurrently.
- Participates in guiding Internal Audit staff through risk analysis, control identification, and audit program development.
- Takes an active role in facilitating the training and development of junior audit team members. Provides timely coaching and feedback and contributes to formal performance evaluations.
- Demonstrates professionalism and strong work ethic consistent with the company’s core values.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, IT or related field with 3+ years of internal/external audit, or public accounting experience.
- IT audit experience is required, including a strong understanding of IT general controls.
- Relevant certifications (CPA, CIA, CISA) is preferred but not required.
- Prior insurance industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Strong project management, analytical and organizational skills, problem-solving and decision-making skills, including the ability to complete projects and reports within communicated deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, with limited direction and guidance.
- Ability to interact well with internal and external parties.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Predictable office schedule
- Paid time off including 9 paid national holidays
- Robust wellness program
- Downtown Boston office
- Free onsite gym
- 401(k) Bonus
- Auto and Home insurance discounts
- Company-paid life and disability insurance plans
- Optional Medical, Dental, Vision, Legal, and Identify Theft protection plans
- Company sponsored social events
About the Company:
The Plymouth Rock Company and its affiliated group of companies write and manage over $1.7 billion in personal and commercial auto and homeowner’s insurance throughout the Northeast and mid-Atlantic, where we have built an unparalleled reputation for service. We continuously invest in technology, our employees thrive in our empowering environment, and our customers are among the most loyal in the industry. The Plymouth Rock group of companies employs approximately 2,000 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation holds an A.M. Best rating of “A-/Excellent”.
We believe that every person is entitled to equal employment opportunities. We do not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant for employment on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or genetic information. In addition, the state in which you work may protect certain other characteristics. We are committed to treating employees fairly and with dignity and respect, and we unconditionally prohibit discrimination in hiring, terminating, promoting, or compensating any employee on the basis of a qualified individual’s membership in any of these protected classes