The Senior Field Marketing Representative is accountable for the daily management and business relationship between the Company and a specific group of independent agents. The area of coverage is Central & Eastern Massachusetts. Responsibilities include appointing new independent agencies, establishing and managing agent’s annual business plans against the Company’s strategic business goals, implementing and monitoring various sales programs, and training all levels within the agency regarding specific rating and service functions. The Senior Marketing Representative serves as the liaison between all the functional departments within the Company and our agents, thereby maintaining the relationship between Company and Agent.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Strong communication skills both orally and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to manage change and conflict.
- Strong organizational skills. Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, away from the office. Must be focused and self-motivated.
- Ability to interpret, assimilate, and translate data.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Accountable for developing production goals and commitments for each agent based on their individual action plan.
- Accountable to document, manage and monitor production results against budgeted production goals both individually by agent and for the marketing territory, communicate results to agents and modify agent behavior to achieve production goals.
- Develop, implement and monitor sales programs and campaigns within each agency.
- Review the profile of each agent’s book of business against the Company’s overall book to develop individual action plans for improvement.
- Establish and manage a defined follow up plan to monitor results.
- Prepare territory reviews.
- Identify and communicate service problems to the appropriate internal staff, address and resolve the issue and communicate the resolution to the agent.
- Visit 3-4 Agents daily to provide all the servicing needs for each assigned agent.
- Develop and maintain a thorough and in-depth knowledge of all company products, guidelines, and procedures in order to provide training for rollover, new business submissions, and company philosophy.
- Maintain an understanding of the regulatory issues regarding Massachusetts auto & home insurance.
- Gather current competitive and marketing information on our competitors, communicate changes to the internal staff, and analyze and interpret these changes and their possible impact to the company.
- Prospect new agents based on our current appointment goals.
- Analyze and prepare the profiles of agents interested in appointments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education
- 3+ Years of Field Sales/Marketing experience working with Independent Agents required.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university
- Strong Personal Lines product knowledge preferred
- CIC or CPCU designations a plus
- Must have valid driver’s license and favorable driving record.
About the Company
The Plymouth Rock Company and its affiliated group of companies write and manage over $1.6 billion in personal and commercial auto and homeowner’s insurance throughout the Northeast and mid-Atlantic, where we have built an unparalleled reputation for service. We continuously invest in technology, our employees thrive in our empowering environment, and our customers are among the most loyal in the industry. The Plymouth Rock group of companies employs more than 1,800 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation holds an A.M. Best rating of “A-/Excellent”.