In this role you will be handling the field adjustment and management of homeowners property claims in CT (Hartford area).
- Conducting accurate coverage analysis and damage assessments to ensure prompt payment of claims in accordance with quality standards
- Proactive communication, and setting accurate claims length expectations
- Writing estimates for covered damage, provide customers scope of loss and cost of repairs
- Assign, direct and oversee vendors conducting mitigation and/or inspection during the adjustment of homeowners' property claim
- Identify subrogation potential and liability exposures
- Establish timely and appropriate claim reserves in accordance with claim standards
- Adjusting homeowner’s property claims in all states in which Plymouth Rock writes business.
- Appropriately represent the company by executing a high level of service and maintaining professionalism at all times
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask and adapt to changes quickly
- Capability to identify and address customer’s needs to ensure an outstanding experience on every interaction
- Capacity to work in a fast pace supporting the rapid growth of our customer base
- Be a self-motivated individual to meet & exceed goals
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Minimum of 1 -3 years overall work experience preferred
- Have obtained/working towards a college degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to obtain licensure in applicable states if required and complete CE credit/classes where necessary
- Ability to carry up to 25lbs and conduct roof inspections on homes <2 stories
- Valid Driver’s License and proficient driving record
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university is preferred.
About the Company
The Plymouth Rock Company and its affiliated group of companies write and manage over $1.4 billion in personal and commercial auto and homeowner’s insurance throughout the Northeast and mid-Atlantic, where we have built an unparalleled reputation for service. We continuously invest in technology, our employees thrive in our empowering environment, and our customers are among the most loyal in the industry. The Plymouth Rock group of companies employs more than 1,800 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation holds an A.M. Best rating of “A-/Excellent”.
We believe that every person is entitled to equal employment opportunities. We do not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant for employment on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or genetic information. In addition, the state in which you work may protect certain other characteristics. We are committed to treating employees fairly and with dignity and respect, and we unconditionally prohibit discrimination in hiring, terminating, promoting, or compensating any employee on the basis of a qualified individual’s membership in any of these protected classes