The Senior Product Analyst will lead the development of the company’s product features, pricing and competitive position. In this role you will create and develop favorable business outcomes through the analysis of complex issues and provide recommendations for the implementation of new rating plans, underwriting rules, process improvements, and other initiatives. This role serves as a liaison between the Product department and all of the other departments that interface with the group.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Be a key member of the team that is accountable for the P&L for assigned state. Responsible for driving the business to achieve budgeted growth and profitability business results.
- Understands predictive modeling and other quantitative concepts and serves as a resource to other Product Analysts in interpreting these concepts for business application.
- Seeks out new ideas and approaches to business issues and develops his/her hypotheses independently.
- Effectively manages projects of high complexity using available tools and data systems to identify, test and solve strategic business issues within the company data/reports, troubleshoots when there are inconsistencies and presents findings to upper management.
- Interfaces with other departments to strategically address their needs as they relate to the product. Reviews documentation, interprets rules, and coordinates activities with marketing, customer service, underwriting, finance, and information technology.
- Serves as a regulatory expert, providing a thorough understanding of our rules and endorsements. Monitors the competitive, legislative, and regulatory environments in assigned states to identify emerging threats to our objectives and recommend plans for responding.
- Ability to utilize quantitative approaches to generate sound business analyses with detail orientation. Identify results out of the norm, draw conclusions and articulate findings.
- Skilled in linking multiple data sources to organize data into a logical format for analysis.
- Confidence in taking ownership of challenging business issues, making decisions with limited or incomplete data and seeing issues through to resolution.
- Experience developing and implementing new, creative and effective solutions to highly complex business issues.
- Understanding of and experience within the insurance industry is required.
- Experience managing relationships with upper management and with technical developers.
- Excellent project management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- MS-SQL (or related software) skill preferred.
- 3 or more years in personal lines product management, actuarial, or other analytical role.
- 3 or more years of experience with relational database tools and concepts.
- Masters or higher level degree preferred.
About the Company
The Plymouth Rock Company and its affiliated group of companies write and manage over $1.4 billion in personal and commercial auto and homeowner’s insurance throughout the Northeast and mid-Atlantic, where we have built an unparalleled reputation for service. We continuously invest in technology, our employees thrive in our empowering environment, and our customers are among the most loyal in the industry. The Plymouth Rock group of companies employs more than 1,800 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation holds an A.M. Best rating of “A-/Excellent”.
We believe that every person is entitled to equal employment opportunities. We do not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant for employment on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or genetic information. In addition, the state in which you work may protect certain other characteristics. We are committed to treating employees fairly and with dignity and respect, and we unconditionally prohibit discrimination in hiring, terminating, promoting, or compensating any employee on the basis of a qualified individual’s membership in any of these protected classes