Senior Administrative Claims Specialist
General Purpose of Job:
The Senior Administrative Claims Specialist will provide multiple levels of support for the claims team. They will assist with staffing the switchboard, engage with visitors entering the building, and use multiple applications to answer customer calls and assist them within company guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to perform data entry accurately and timely.
- Applicable report generation and distribution
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Facility management consisting of supply management, office oversight, new hire onboarding, etc…
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the various units within the claims department
- Project Handling; Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook. Perform research and compile data onto an excel spreadsheet for analysis and prepare power point presentations.
- Tracking of New York State Department of Financial Services, Customer and Agent inquiries.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Provides excellent customer service when dealing with external customers, as well as internal customers, both over the phone and in person.
- Vendor management; including on-boarding, user administration, problem resolution, invoice review to ensure charges are appropriate, reconciled and processed.
- Support Vice-President and Director with multiple tasks as assigned.
- System administration and updates that include; creating claim letters, updating claim programs (GRP, 1099, Vendor Management), systems testing for new systems, features or enhancements.
- The ability to assist our customers in times of high call volume.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum five years’ work experience in administrative or similar position
- High School Diploma required; College preferred but not necessary
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, providers, and customers
- Ability to participate in a teamwork approach to accomplish tasks
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments, based on their overall level importance
- Strong knowledge of customer service techniques and processes
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
About the Company
The Plymouth Rock Company and its affiliated group of companies write and manage over $1.4 billion in personal and commercial auto and homeowner’s insurance throughout the Northeast and mid-Atlantic, where we have built an unparalleled reputation for service. We continuously invest in technology, our employees thrive in our empowering environment, and our customers are among the most loyal in the industry. The Plymouth Rock group of companies employs more than 1,800 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation holds an A.M. Best rating of “A-/Excellent”.
We believe that every person is entitled to equal employment opportunities. We do not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant for employment on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or genetic information. In addition, the state in which you work may protect certain other characteristics. We are committed to treating employees fairly and with dignity and respect, and we unconditionally prohibit discrimination in hiring, terminating, promoting, or compensating any employee on the basis of a qualified individual’s membership in any of these protected classes