Plymouth Rock has been awarded the #1 Large Employer in New Jersey in 2021. We would love for you to join our award winning team!
The Casualty Claim Representative will be responsible for the handling of First and Third Party Bodily Injury and Physical Damage claims in a Personal/Commercial Lines environment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Initiate prompt contact of all insureds/claimants/witnesses on all new claim assignments to conduct thorough liability/injury investigations. These investigations might require the representatives take in depth recorded statements to investigate liability/injury claims.
- Willing to conduct field investigations, interviews with witnesses and claimants while maintaining a pending of unrepresented claimant cases.
- Investigate cases timely so that reserves are established and maintained at proper levels.
- Investigate the validity of bodily injury claims being presented by individual insureds/claimants or attorneys representing insureds/claimants. Be aware of certain “Red Flags” to identify potential fraudulent claims.
- Negotiate bodily injury claims directly with injured parties or their attorneys.
- Attend litigation proceedings to either represent the company or participate in depositions/settlement conferences/ trials.
- Attend all internal and external training events as required.
- Participate in proactive team activities to achieve departmental and company objectives.
- Possess strong organizational skills and be proficient in the utilization of all claims systems, Excel, Word and social media search engines.
- Have strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and be adept at conflict resolution while working in a team environment.
- Possess knowledge of New Jersey regulatory claim handling guidelines and statutory regulations.
- Adhere to departmental internal control requirements.
Qualifications and Education
- A bachelor's degree (B.A.) from an accredited four year college or university and 3 - 5 years’ experience handling liability and/or Personal Injury Protection claims.
About the Company
The Plymouth Rock Company and its affiliated group of companies write and manage over $1.6 billion in personal and commercial auto and homeowner’s insurance throughout the Northeast and mid-Atlantic, where we have built an unparalleled reputation for service. We continuously invest in technology, our employees thrive in our empowering environment, and our customers are among the most loyal in the industry. The Plymouth Rock group of companies employs more than 1,900 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation holds an A.M. Best rating of “A-/Excellent”.