The Digital Product Manager develops our Agent Web experience and strategy while also leading the delivery of new and improved applications to internal and external customers to achieve sales, service and other key business goals. Working closely with executives across the enterprise and many other constituents, he/she/they will develop digital experiences for a world class agent experience. This person leads the development of the company’s Agency Web features. Our Agent web applications are used by Independent Agents who will sell more of our products if digital experiences are easy and intuitive. The person who fills this role serves on the Digital team, working with IT and all other departments to create enterprise solutions that drive business results. The role requires an individual who has a passion for and track record of data driven decision making. It is expected that the leader in this role will tell their story with data, trends and performance statistics.
The role will be responsible for mentoring, training, and developing team members on technical and analytical skills, as well as insurance and general business knowledge. In addition to Digital Experience, the ideal candidate will have Business Analyst, Project Management and Relationship Management skills. The incumbent will have at least one direct report supporting this work and will report to the Director of Enterprise Digital Experience.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Improve new business sales results.
- Collaborate on a regular basis with IT on strategies, solutions, resources and budget.
- This includes managing IT spend budgets
- Monitoring and managing frequent stand-ups
- Managing the project backlog
- Managing to Sales and Service Goals for the Agency Web channel annual goals
- Translate business strategies into product strategies, roadmaps and specifications.
- Develop cutting edge agent automation programs utilizing digital channels that will engage our agents and employees.
- Challenges current processes and proposed solutions to obtain the best outcome. Interfaces with other departments to strategically address their needs as they relate to the product. Reviews documentation, interprets rules, and coordinates activities with marketing, customer service, underwriting, finance, and information technology.
- Determine the prioritization of agent automation initiatives and resources based on business needs and go to market strategies.
- Proactively identify and resolve risks, issues and roadblocks to insure the team meets all strategic, financial and technical goals.
- Implement forward-thinking agent automation processes aimed at developing and improving agent experience to improve retention/satisfaction based on extensive analytics and comprehensive understanding of the business goals and economics.
- Necessary skill sets are technical, analytical, and strategic, with project (Agile and Waterfall) leadership abilities. We are a roll-up your sleeves type organization and, as such, we are seeking a candidate that is comfortable getting in the trenches to dissect various issues and opportunities to advance our collective business objectives.
- Agile, Scrum leader experience. We are looking for a candidates that can influence and drive the usage of Agile, requirements and user stories as the way we work. 2 years’ experience at a minimum is required leading agile projects.
- Possess highly analytical skills, problem-solving skills and decision-making ability. Incumbent must have the ability to understand the Agent Web data and the ability to work with and translate data into a story.
- Demonstrated multiple years of experience with SQL, Tableau, Heap, Google Analytics, Excel
- 2 or more years with Process Improvement and performance improvement methodologies are highly desirable, Lean and Six Sigma are a plus
- Proven experience with managing to and improving customer satisfaction with voice of the customer (VOC) analytics
- Strong track record of driving consensus across all levels of an organization, with a primary focus on improving the agent experience
- Demonstrated ability to build innovative digital products/services in a high growth environment
- Ideal candidate will possess both a strategic thinking expertise as well as the ability to plan and execute tactical initiatives
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally and influence outcomes
- Proven effectiveness in a fast-paced, hands-on environment – willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Excellent communication and writing skills: This role is a high visibility role.
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities and a strong work ethic
- Ideal candidate has prior experience working in insurance distribution channels. Preferably with Independent Agents.
- +3 Years of Digital Insurance project work is a good alternative as well
- Ability to manage and develop staff
- Bachelor’s degree required
About Plymouth Rock
Plymouth Rock is a leading auto insurance provider serving more than 650,000 customers across Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey and New Hampshire. Tapping into its 30+ years of industry experience, Plymouth Rock has pioneered a new way to do car insurance for consumers. Combining the local knowledge and expertise of independent agents, with the power and ease of doing business online, Plymouth Rock has changed the insurance lifecycle by giving consumers choice – to do business the way they want.
Plymouth Rock is headquartered across from South Station in Downtown Boston, with offices across New England and New Jersey. With more than $1 billion in premiums underwritten and serviced, the Plymouth Rock Group employs over 1,500 people and writes insurance through 800+ independent agents. Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation holds an A.M. Best rating of “A-/Excellent.”