In this fast-paced role, the Associate PIP Claims Representatives adjusts first party personal injury claims according to state compliance requirements and guidelines.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- This position will handle lower severity Personal Injury Protection claims in multiple states.
- The PIP Claim Representative will receive between 3 to 5 first reports a day with a priority on patient contact, service, and claim disposition.
- Daily duties include first reports, Image Right tasks, medical bill review, treatment monitoring, reserve assessment and Nursing interaction.
- Maintains an effective follow-up system on pending files, prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, adjust to fluctuating workload, advises injured parties as to the status of the claim.
- Investigates and interprets policy provisions and conditions to make a coverage determination.
- Functional knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy with a thorough understanding of Personal Injury Protection claim handling regulatory requirements is preferred but not necessary.
- The PIP Claim Representative must have the ability to multitask in time sensitive situations.
- Ensures that service, loss and expense control are maintained at all times.
- Adheres to privacy guidelines, law and regulations pertaining to claims handling.
- Candidates must have strong customer service, organization, verbal and written skills and have the ability to work in a small team environment.
Qualifications and Education
- Recent college graduates are encouraged to apply.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university is a plus.
- Basic personal computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products.
About the Company
The Plymouth Rock Company and its affiliated group of companies write and manage over $1.6 billion in personal and commercial auto and homeowner’s insurance throughout the Northeast and mid-Atlantic, where we have built an unparalleled reputation for service. We continuously invest in technology, our employees thrive in our empowering environment, and our customers are among the most loyal in the industry. The Plymouth Rock group of companies employs more than 1,900 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation holds an A.M. Best rating of “A-/Excellent”.