We seek an accounting leader with insurance industry experience and a desire to build efficiencies and automate processes where possible. The Senior Accountant will report to the company’s Financial Reporting Manager and will be responsible for the preparation and distribution of internal and external financial statements in compliance with GAAP.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain group expense allocations using various financial systems, staying current with operational trends and reviewing financial outputs for accuracy.
- Prepare monthly internal reporting exhibits, collaborating with the Financial Planning & Analysis teams of Plymouth Rock’s various operating groups to deliver insightful segment-level reporting.
- Prepare annual audited financial statements in compliance with GAAP, liaising with the independent auditor to ensure that they are issued in a timely manner.
- Prepare and analyze complex financial reports to support consolidated financial reporting, utilizing a broad knowledge of accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepare audit committee and executive presentations; perform flux analysis and provide explanations for unexpected activity and trends.
- Research and resolve reconciling issues; recommend and take corrective action.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements; suggest and implement related solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years relevant work experience required.
- Understanding of GAAP fundamentals and financial statements.
- Experience in the insurance industry and familiarity with statutory accounting principles is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid analytical, problem solving and financial troubleshooting skills.
About the Company
The Plymouth Rock Company and its affiliated group of companies write and manage nearly $1.7 billion in personal and commercial auto and homeowner’s insurance throughout the Northeast and mid-Atlantic, where we have built an unparalleled reputation for service. We continuously invest in technology, our employees thrive in our empowering environment, and our customers are among the most loyal in the industry. The Plymouth Rock group of companies employs more than 1,800 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation holds an A.M. Best rating of “A-/Excellent”.