Plymouth Rock Assurance is looking for a project manager who can conceptualize, design, test, and/or execute ideas resulting in new and viable business processes and offerings to build a sustainable competitive advantage. This person will be responsible for the facilitation, planning, execution, and delivery of moderately complex claims projects intended to accomplish business goals and objectives within prescribed timeframes and budgets. They will also be responsible for developing and implementing quality assurance/control programs to ensure effective and efficient policies, processes, and procedures are aligned and followed.
This is a high profile position with a significant impact on the organization. This role will be instrumental in the development of our quality and compliance team as well as other projects which will influence the homeowners organization.
- Plans, develops, executes and monitors all Quality evaluation processes and procedures as well as specialty evaluation requests, ad-hoc studies and projects.
- Conducts quality reviews and delivers results to appropriate stakeholders and develops action plans for success
- Collaborates with key stakeholders, vendors and project/program teams to identify mutually beneficial outcomes for competing priorities and negotiate timelines to ensure objectives are met.
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding of how activities contribute to the achievement of strategic business goals and operational objectives.
- Provides recommendations to process and product owners for improvements based on industry best practices and regulatory/compliance standards.
- Provides guidance and support related to various review and evaluation aspects, including but not, limited to assisting with action plans and follow-up on plan execution. Identifies opportunities to automate/streamline quality and compliance efforts.
- Ensures compliance with company and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Establishes overall cadence for communication with impacted stakeholders, and provides framework for underlying work effort(s) communication plans.
- Communicates on behalf of Plymouth Rock to regulatory and governmental inquiries and maintains a central file for such documents
- Manages multiple complex regulatory interactions including drafting regulatory correspondence, responding to regulatory inquiries and negotiating resolution of regulatory matters requiring a sophisticated understanding of business processes and regulatory requirements.
- Independently develops processes, forms and related materials to meet complex regulatory and legal requirements.
- Appropriately informs and escalates matters to senior management.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Exhibits leadership with respect to the principles of an effective Compliance program, including, but not limited to, risk assessment, auditing and monitoring, maintaining compliance policies and procedures and effective communication
- Advanced understanding of the quality assurance discipline and demonstrated application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards work products and deliverables.
- Comprehensive knowledge and demonstrated application of project management tools and methodologies.
- Collaboration skills in a matrixed environment including providing consultative guidance to help solve enterprise level issues.
- Possess an understanding of scope definition, process and solution mapping; process structures and components; and standard project planning methodologies.
- Experience supporting projects with complex deliverables
- Strong knowledge and applied compliance with Department of Insurance, Fair Claims Practices and Federal regulations governing claims handling.
- Understanding of State specific regulations and property and casualty homeowner claims process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization and research skills.
- Detail oriented and curious.
- Personable and able to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
About the Company
The Plymouth Rock Company and its affiliated group of companies write and manage over $1.4 billion in personal and commercial auto and homeowner’s insurance throughout the Northeast and mid-Atlantic, where we have built an unparalleled reputation for service. We continuously invest in technology, our employees thrive in our empowering environment, and our customers are among the most loyal in the industry. The Plymouth Rock group of companies employs more than 1,800 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation holds an A.M. Best rating of “A-/Excellent”.