Plymouth Rock has been awarded the #1 Large Employer in New Jersey in 2021. We would love for you to join our award winning team!
This individual is responsible for the handling of Auto Property Claims in accordance with NJ Unfair Practices Act. The environment is fast paced with heavy phone work. The position requires patience and the ability to function professionally in adversarial situations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Investigate and interpret policy provisions, endorsements and conditions to make a coverage determination in the automobile property claim.
- Identify and investigate Contested Coverage Claims with recommendation prepared for coverage committee.
- Responsible for the investigation of the auto accident to make a liability assessment. This includes interviewing first and third party claimants, witnesses, investigating officers and other relevant parties, along with securing pertinent records, documentation and loss scene information.
- Analyze the investigation to determine proximate cause, negligence, and damages.
- Evaluate and adjust reserves as necessary.
- Prepare dispatch instructions for field personnel to inspect vehicles.
- Negotiate and settle claims within his/her individual authority.
- Submit claims for approval to supervisor when over his/her authority or for guidance, review and/or referral when appropriate.
- Maintain an effective follow-up system on pending files.
- Prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Adjust to fluctuating workload.
- Advise insureds, claimants, brokers on the status of the claim.
- Act as an intermediary between the Company, preferred vendors and customers.
- Resolve all disputes that may arise.
- Ensure that service, loss and expense control are maintained at all times.
- Adhere to privacy guidelines, law and regulations pertaining to claims handling.
- Investigate and initiate subrogation when applicable.
- Handle and respond to arbitration and special civil part lawsuits pertaining to property damage.
- Participate in catastrophic claim handling as requested/needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service, organizational, verbal, and written skills are required.
- Basic personal computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Recent college graduates are encouraged to apply!
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university is a plus.
About the Company
The Plymouth Rock Company and its affiliated group of companies write and manage over $1.6 billion in personal and commercial auto and homeowner’s insurance throughout the Northeast and mid-Atlantic, where we have built an unparalleled reputation for service. We continuously invest in technology, our employees thrive in our empowering environment, and our customers are among the most loyal in the industry. The Plymouth Rock group of companies employs more than 1,900 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation holds an A.M. Best rating of “A-/Excellent”.