This position will have dual management responsibility for Independent Agency Group and corporate financial planning and analysis. The FP&A Director will partner with the cross-functional management team on developing strategies to achieve financial performance targets, and will also lead the company’s budgeting, forecasting and performance analysis. Candidates should have proven track record of success in financial management roles of increasing responsibility.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
Independent Agency Group
- Aligning the organization on financial performance targets and coordinating the development of action plans to achieve those targets.
- Providing financial analysis to support decision-making that drives growth and profitability improvement.
- Coordinating all aspects of the annual planning and budgeting processes, as well as forecasting throughout the year.
- Analyzing financial and operational performance and preparing monthly reports to management team and quarterly updates for the Board of Directors.
- Performing analysis of capital adequacy to ensure appropriate levels of risk-adjusted capitalization and to inform strategies to most efficiently deploy capital to maximize returns.
- Developing financial performance targets for the various business units to ensure the achievement of overall corporate performance objectives.
- Coordinating financial performance benchmarking, including annual comparisons of Plymouth Rock’s financial performance versus peer companies as well as other ad hoc projects.
- Managing the rating agency relationship, including preparing the annual rating meeting presentation and supporting the rating process.
- Overseeing the execution of the company’s Enterprise Risk Management program.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA considered a plus
- Minimum of 10 years of FP&A experience with progressive levels of responsibility.
- P&C insurance industry experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a team environment and influence peers within the broader Finance team and across the business.
- Superior analytical skills with the ability to clearly link financial results to performance drivers and resolve complex financial issues.
- Results-oriented, with a demonstrated ability to deliver and work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to convey complex financial issues in clear/concise manner.
About the Company
The Plymouth Rock Company and its affiliated group of companies write and manage over $1.4 billion in personal and commercial auto and homeowner’s insurance throughout the Northeast and mid-Atlantic, where we have built an unparalleled reputation for service. We continuously invest in technology, our employees thrive in our empowering environment, and our customers are among the most loyal in the industry. The Plymouth Rock group of companies employs more than 1,800 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation holds an A.M. Best rating of “A-/Excellent”.