Encharter is a successful Independent Agency serving the Pioneer Valley and Lexington area for well over 100 years. Encharter has a strong customer base and community reputation which has supported its growth. This position recognizes the opportunity to grow the agency customer base through strategic partnerships and business client development.
As a women-led agency with a full staff of women, we are harnessing this as a key competitive advantage. We have established a strategic initiative to focus service, marketing and community support to women owned businesses, women as head of households and women decision makers.
The primary function of the Business Development Representative is to drive new prospects to Encharter Insurance to be quoted and sold by in-house licensed representatives. The success of this producer will be contingent on effective networking, cold calling and referrals. The goal is to call on 20 potential prospects per day. He/She will reach out to secure face to face appointments with business owners and decision makers as well as with various business segments including banks, real estate, mortgage and institutions.
The role expects the producer to be prospecting clients for the main office location in Amherst, MA.
The Business Development Representative will start by securing leads and applications, quote, bind and issue new policies. After an effective time period, with prospects procured, the process of quotes, applications and the final sale will be completed by the in-house representative unless support is needed. Communication between the Producer and representative is critical.
Competitive Base Salary + Bonuses
General Purpose of Job:
- Establish new leads through proactive outreach and referrals. 75% of time will be dedicated to outbound calls and networking with necessary follow up and meetings to secure quote opportunities for both business and personal insurance. Prospect lists will be a combination of self-sourced and provided by Encharter.
- Attend community based business events to procure business relationships to develop opportunities to drive new prospects.
- Develop banking, real estate and mortgage relationships to procure business relationships to drive new prospects.
- Develop institutional relationships such as colleges, schools, associations to procure business relationships to drive new prospects.
- Develop business association relationships to target identified niche businesses.
- Support the development of marketing and promotional and point of sale materials.
- Support the development of digital marketing campaigns to ensure alignment with targets.
- Provide an exceptional experience to prospects in order to meet lead targets and performance goals.
- Initiate and foster teamwork within the team to create and maintain an environment of partnership, quality service, accountability, and superior sales results.
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Use management systems to effectively document work and productivity.
- Provide feedback to management and staff in regards to sales strategies and technique successes.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor(s) and Director.
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Products (WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, Internet).
- Analytical skills to understand complex coverage details and underwriting guidelines.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills.
- In depth knowledge of all products being offered.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to work independently, perform at a high level of competency while meeting or exceeding deadlines.
- 3+ years’ experience required in a sales oriented position sales center or comparable business acumen.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Active MA Property and Casualty Insurance license is preferred.
Encharter will provide comprehensive training over the first 6-8 weeks. The training will be provided by the President, Operations Director, Commercial Lines Team Lead, Personal Lines Service Manager and Project Coordinator. Training will be hands on for sales and service for both commercial and personal insurance.