Sr. Product Analyst
The Sr. Product Analyst will lead the development of the company’s product features, pricing and competitive position. A key responsibility of this role is to independently create and develop projects through the analysis of complex business issues and provide recommendations for the implementation of new rating plans, underwriting rules, process improvements, and other initiatives. This role serves as a liaison between the Product department and all of the other departments that interface with the group.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Understands predictive modeling and other quantitative concepts and serves as a resource to other Product Analysts in interpreting these concepts for business application.
• Effectively manages projects of high complexity using available tools and data systems to identify, test and solve strategic business issues within the company data/reports, troubleshoots when there are inconsistencies and presents findings to upper management.
• Interfaces with other departments to strategically address their needs as they relate to the product. Reviews documentation, interprets rules, and coordinates activities.
• Serves as the regulatory expert for the team to provide a thorough understanding of our rules and endorsements.
Qualifications and Education
• Excellent project management and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to utilize quantitative approaches to generate sound business analyses with detail orientation. Identify results out of the norm, draw conclusions and articulate findings.
• Skilled in linking multiple data sources to organize data into a logical format for analysis.
• Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Demonstrated regulatory expertise.
• SAS (or related software) and regression analysis expertise.
• Extensive programming query experience (SQL or Visual Basic).
• Experience developing and implementing new, creative and effective solutions to highly complex business issues.
• Understanding of and experience within the insurance industry is required.
• Experience managing relationships with upper management and with technical developers.
• 4 or more years in product management, actuarial, or other analytical role.
• 4 or more years of experience with relational database tools and concepts.
• Masters or higher level degree preferred
About the Company
The Plymouth Rock Company and its affiliated group of companies write and manage over $1.4 billion in personal and commercial auto and homeowner’s insurance throughout the Northeast and mid-Atlantic, where we have built an unparalleled reputation for service. We continuously invest in technology, our employees thrive in our empowering environment, and our customers are among the most loyal in the industry. The Plymouth Rock group of companies employs more than 1,800 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation holds an A.M. Best rating of “A-/Excellent”.