As part of the Marketing Analytics & Reporting team at Plymouth Rock Assurance, this position will play a critical role in extending Plymouth Rock’s digital data analytics and reporting capabilities. The Senior Marketing Data Analyst is responsible for customer and prospect interaction analysis, attribution models for eSales program, digital campaign and mobile app program analysis. The analyst will be an expert resource on all digital marketing related data analysis and reporting. The role is also responsible for producing ad hoc analysis on a wide variety of insurance and marketing topics as necessary.
A key part of this role will be to expand the capabilities of bridging customer information from intricate internal and external data sources, including digital customer data (such as site interactions and digital engagement data from third parties, e.g. Google, Adobe, Facebook, etc.), and internal core customer data (policy datamart, quote datamart, claims datamart, etc.). As we continue to expand our digital capabilities, it is crucial to integrate our data analysis to better understand our customers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Use SQL and SAS to mine large relational database to drive data-oriented insights, such as sales trends, loss trends, business mix, standard vs nonstandard policies, as well as provide customer behavior insights and overall insurance book trends.
- Analyze website and mobile app data on traffic sources and patterns. Provide insight on data trends and anomalies, making recommendations where appropriate to improve business performance.
- Create model-driven customer segmentations for current customers, prospect customers, and agency customers.
- Design A/B digital marketing test models, analyze, and report outcomes of marketing tests.
- Conduct analysis related to the quality of leads, quotes, and sales from different marketing programs, by integrating both internal data in multiple business data marts and external data from partners, and developing in depth analysis to evaluate the effectiveness of each initiative.
- Develop sales and KPI forecast for a broad range of marketing campaigns and programs, report periodically on performance against the forecast.
- Perform complex data analysis in support of ad-hoc and standing requests and demand for insights and be able to present results to non-technical audiences.
- Coordinate with cross functional teams, Product, Claims, and IT Team, and build relationships with business users of the data to support their requirements through effective communication, data governance and documentation.
- Develop and maintain digital marketing and ecommerce site performance reports by using SQL and Adobe Analytics.
- Build a reliable attribution model using stochastic modeling approach, such as Markov Chain, to capture the effectiveness of digital campaigns in various channels.
- Set up automation in the data flow with the Media vendors to expand capabilities to bridge digital customer data (site interactions, digital engagement, etc.) with core customer data.
- Build and enhance existing reports, and develop new reporting products in Excel, Tableau, and Salesforce Service Cloud.
- Conduct data profiling and data quality analytics.
- Stay up-to-date with data-driven technologies to keep us ahead of the competition, including new innovations in tracking social media marketing efforts, sales attributions, and related AI applications.
Qualifications and Education
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent technical skills: expert SQL, experience with a statistical processing language (R, Python), and experience with a data visualization / BI tool (Tableau).
- Relevant data and analysis experience, and work experience in dealing with complex data environment.
- Proficient at statistical modeling, especially regression model and logistic model.
- Working knowledge of mainstream marketing analytics tool, including Omniture/Adobe Analytics, and Google Analytics.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels (including executive team) and articulate ideas, analysis results, and recommendations.
- Ability to prioritize work independently, ensuring accuracy while meeting rigid deadlines.
- Bachelors/Master Degree in Business Analytics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or similar required
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant analytics experience, ideally in a tech savvy company
About the Company
The Plymouth Rock Company and its affiliated group of companies write and manage over $1.4 billion in personal and commercial auto and homeowner’s insurance throughout the Northeast and mid-Atlantic, where we have built an unparalleled reputation for service. We continuously invest in technology, our employees thrive in our empowering environment, and our customers are among the most loyal in the industry. The Plymouth Rock group of companies employs more than 1,800 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation holds an A.M. Best rating of “A-/Excellent”.